3-5yr. Dance classes include 2 instructors to best meet the needs of our students. Students are introduced to ballet technique and learn terminology through repetition and dance activities. Students learn 2 routines of the Director’s choice, usually lyrical and jazz or character dance. Online class will take place through the BAND app.
Just Dance: $25/month
Combo Class (Dance & Gymnastics): $40/month
Estimated costume pricing is $124 for 2 costumes including pink ballet slippers and tights.
Black Ballet Slippers($15) also needed for this class.
Fake curly hair piece($30) is recommended for this class.
Students have the opportunity to perform at 2 dance showcases, 1 recital, other optional events as presented to us such as assisted living centers, basket-ball half times, community events as well as 1 optional dance competition. (See Dance Policies for more info.)
Skyler TormanRecreational Assistant Coach
LENAE ROWLEYAssistant Director, Competitive & Recreational Coach
ANDY BUNDERSONTap Coach, Junior Competitive & Recreational Coach
Meredith ArchibaldRecreational Coach
- Demi Plie – half bend of the knee
- Tendu – to stretch the foot
- Degage – to disengage (sustaining pointed foot off of the ground)
- Rond de jambe – round the leg, circular movement of the leg either on the ground or in the air
- Eleve – to rise, to elevate
- Releve – to rise from plie
- Passe – a movement in which the foot of the working leg passes or touches the knee of the supporting leg in turn out or parallel positions.
- Aerabesque – body position, in profile, supported on one leg
- Pique – executed by stepping directly on the point or demi-pointe of the working foot in any desired direction or position with the other foot raised in the air. (to prick/pricked)
- Sousus – a tight fifth position in releve.(under-over)
- Saute – a jump off both feet, landing with the feet in the same position. Jumping or landing on the same foot.
- Jete, petit – small spring from one foot to the other foot using a brushing motion.
- Glissade – a traveling step executed by gliding the working foot from the fifth position in the required direction, the other foot closing to it.
- Pas de chat – large cat’s step. Performed from fifth to fifth position, landing almost simultaneously.
- Chasse – meaning to chase. Plie and slide the working leg away from the supporting leg, touch the supporting leg behind the working leg, land on the original supporting leg.
- Soutenu – a turn from sousus, turning towards back leg one revolution, the other foot ending in front.
- Sissone – jump from both feet on to one foot.
(This is a basic coverage, more class terminology and skills are added as the class progresses)
Forward Rolls, Straddle Rolls, Handstands, Handstand Rolls, Bridge from floor, Cartwheels, Back Walkovers, Back Handsprings, Wedge Mat Skills, Balance Beam Skills and Mini Tramp Skills.